Dr. Akerman will provide you the most comprehensive guidance and assistance to identify the main cause’s infertility and appropriate treatment according to diagnosis.
Dr. Akerman specializes in the hallmark of Assisted Conception: In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). Ovulation Induction with Gonadotropin or Clomiphene Therapy. In addition, the Center have an active Gamete Donation Program (Egg Donor).
Dr. Akerman offer the most advanced surgical techniques with particular expertise in reconstructive surgery for the treatment of tubal disease, endometriosis, myomas, and reversal of tubal ligation surgery. He performs open, laparoscopic, and robotic (Da Vinci) surgeries depending on the patient’s needs.
Beyond his clinical expertise, he is dedicated to your holistic care, including working closely with psychologists for emotional support, urologists for evaluation of the male, and even acupuncturists for those seeking alternative treatments.
Range of Treatments
- Sperm cryopreservation (Sperm Freezing)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In-Vitro-Fertilization (IVF)
- Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Assisted Hatching (AH)
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA)
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA)
- Embryo Biopsy for PGD and PGS
- Pre-implantation Genetic Screening (PGS) for Aneuploidy (adequate number of chromosomes) and Sex Selection
- Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) for diagnosis of specific genetic diseases (i.e., FragileX, Sickle Cell, Cystic Fibrosis)
- Embryo Cryopreservation
- Oocyte Cryopreservation (Egg Freezing)
- Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients
- Tubal Reanastomosis (reversal of sterilization)
- Donor Egg Program
- Donor Sperm Program
- Gestational Surrogacy Program
- Same-Sex Couples and Non-Traditional Families
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Microscopic Surgery